Code editing in Visual Studio Code
In this Visual Studio Code tutorial, we cover how to edit and run a small piece of code, including the features outlined below. After viewing this overview, read on in the Learn More section to see more features.
Next video: Personalize Visual Studio Code
- Open a folder
- Create a new file
- Create a simple "Hello world" console log using Node.js
- Turn on Auto Save
- Automatically format your code
- Hover over elements to see IntelliSense in action
- Run code in the Integrated Terminal
- Personalize Visual Studio Code - Learn how to personalize VS Code to your work style with themes.
- Basic Editing - Learn about the powerful VS Code editor.
- Code Navigation - Move quickly through your source code.
- Emmet Snippets - Use Emmet Snippets.
- Tasks - Create tasks to use external tools inside VS Code.
- Code Folding - See the details of source code folding.
- Tips and Tricks - Helpful tips and tricks for VS Code.