Setup and Basics of VS Code
In this tutorial, we walk you through setting up Visual Studio Code and give an overview of the basic features.
- Download and install VS Code.
- Explore VS Code features in the Interactive Editor Playground.
- See an overview of the user interface.
- Customize your editor with the View menu and by changing the color theme.
- Change your keyboard shortcuts using a Keymap extension.
- Focus on your source code with Zen Mode.
- The Basics - View the documentation for the basics of VS Code.
- Setup Overview - Documentation for getting up and running with VS Code, including platform specific setup.
- Keyboard Shortcuts - Customize your own shortcuts, download a reference sheet, or install a Keymap extension.
- Keymaps in the Marketplace - Install a Keymap extension to bring the keybindings from your previous editor to VS Code.
- Configure and Extend - Learn how to personalize VS Code to your work style.