Getting started with Visual Studio Code
In this tutorial, we walk you through setting up Visual Studio Code and give an overview of the basic features.
- Download and install VS Code.
- Create a new file.
- See an overview of the user interface.
- Install support for your favorite programming language.
- Change your keyboard shortcuts and easily migrate from other editors using keybinding extensions.
- Customize your editor with themes.
- Explore VS Code features in the Interactive Editor Playground.
- User Interface - View the documentation for VS Code.
- Setup Overview - Documentation for getting up and running with VS Code, including platform specific setup.
- Keyboard Shortcuts - Customize your own shortcuts, download a reference sheet, or install a Keymap extension.
- Keybinding extensions - Install a Keymap extension to bring the keybindings from your previous editor to VS Code.
- Customize Visual Studio Code - Learn how to personalize VS Code to your work style.