As educators, we know it's frustrating to install all the different software to get your students ready to code. There's editors/IDEs, runtimes and compilers, packages or libraries, and different versions of each...it's annoying! We've got you covered.
Coding pack for Java
This coding pack includes everything you need to start coding in Java.
This will install:
- Java Development Kit (JDK) and add it to the PATH
- VS Code
- Java extension pack in VS Code
Coding pack for Python
This coding pack includes everything you need to start coding in Python.
It will install:
- VS Code
- Python and LiveShare extensions in VS Code
- Python 3.8.5 and add it to the PATH
- Python packages including, jupyter, numpy, sklearn, pandas, and matplotlib
If any of these components are already installed, the coding packs will not update it and proceed with the other components.
In the Coding Pack for Python, we will include a User-level
settings.json with a few pre-configured Python settings so you're all ready to start coding in Python!