Requirements for Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code is a small download (< 100 MB) and has a disk footprint of 200 MB. VS Code is lightweight and should easily run on today's hardware.
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM
VS Code has been tested on the following platforms:
- OS X Yosemite (10.10+)
- Windows 7 (with .NET Framework 4.5.2), 8.0, 8.1 and 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Linux (Debian): Ubuntu Desktop 16.04, Debian 9
- Linux (Red Hat): Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, CentOS 8, Fedora 24
Additional Windows requirements
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is required for VS Code. If you are using Windows 7, please make sure .NET Framework 4.5.2 is installed.
Additional Linux requirements
- GLIBCXX version 3.4.21 or later
- GLIBC version 2.15 or later
For a list of currently known issues, see our FAQ.