Once you have learned the basics of Visual Studio Code Extension API in the Hello World sample, it's time to build some real-world extensions. While the Extension Capabilities section offers high-level overviews of what extension can do, this section contains a list of detailed code guides and samples that explains how to use a specific VS Code API.
In each guide-sample combo, you can expect to find:
- Thoroughly commented source code.
- A gif or image showing the usage of the sample extension.
- Instructions for running the sample extension.
- Listing of VS Code API being used.
- Listing of Contribution Points being used.
- Real-world extensions resembling the sample.
- Explanation of API concepts.
Guides & Samples
Here is a list of guides and samples. While each guide comes with sample code, some samples do not have a matching guide yet.
Language Extension Samples
These samples are Language Extensions samples: