Deploy a static website to Azure
Note: If you have your own server code, such as a Node.js/Express server, see the App Service tutorial instead.
In this tutorial, we will deploy your static site to Azure Storage by doing the following:
- Get the required accounts and dependencies.
- Create or prepare an application for deployment.
- Choose your preferred deployment method.
Azure Account - If you don't have an Azure account, sign up today for a free 30-day account with $200 in Azure credits to try out any combination of services.
Node.js - Download Node.js and npm, we recommend the LTS (long term support) version.
Note: If you already have application code, you don't need to install Node.js as this tutorial only uses it to generate a sample project.
Before we continue, ensure that you have all the prerequisites installed and configured.
- Log in to Azure Portal to make sure you Azure Account is working.
- From a terminal, execute:
node -v v8.7.0 npm -v 5.4.2
to ensure that both Node.js and npm are installed.